Bommasandra Industrial Area is a large area located in the outskirts of Bangalore city. The area is known for its heavy industrialization. The area has a total area of 1,000 hectares and is home to over 100 industrial units. The area is also well connected to other parts of the city with various modes of transportation Bommasandra is an industrial area located in the southeast of Bangalore, Karnataka, India. It is one of the fast-growing industrial suburbs of Bangalore.
Bommasandra was once a sleepy little hamlet on the outskirts of Bangalore. But, over the years, it has transformed into a thriving industrial hub, home to some of the biggest names in Indian industry. Today, Bommasandra is a bustling industrial area, with a wide range of industries, from heavy engineering to electronics, to food processing, to name a few. The area is also home to a number of IT and BPO companies.
The transformation of Bommasandra into a major industrial hub has been fuelled by a number of factors, including its proximity to Bangalore, the availability of land, and the good infrastructure in the area. Bommasandra is well-connected to the rest of Bangalore, with a good network of roads and a dedicated industrial area railway station. The area also has a good supply of water and electricity.
All these factors have made Bommasandra a preferred choice for setting up industries in Bangalore. In fact, many big names in Indian industry, such as Jindal Steel, Bharat Heavy Electricals, and Hindustan Aeronautics, have their facilities in Bommasandra. The growth of industry in Bommasandra has also led to the growth of supporting industries in the area. There are a number of engineering and fabrication units in Bommasandra, which cater to the needs of the industries in the area.
The growth of Bommasandra as an industrial hub has also led to the growth of the residential population in the area. There are a number of apartments and gated communities that have come up in Bommasandra in recent years, to cater to the needs of the working population in the area. Bommasandra is also home to a number of schools and colleges, which cater to the needs of the children of the working population in the area.
Bommasandra industrial area Bommasandra Karnataka
Bommasandra is an industrial area located in the southern part of the Indian city of Bengaluru in the state of Karnataka. It is one of the four major industrial areas of the city, the others being Peenya, Yeshwanthpur and Whitefield. The area is home to a number of industries, including electronics, engineering, chemicals and textiles. There are also a number of software companies located in the area. The proximity to the city and the availability of land at relatively cheaper rates compared to other industrial areas have made Bommasandra a popular choice for industries.
The area has seen a lot of development in recent years, with a number of new industries coming up. This has led to an increase in the population of the area, which has put strain on the infrastructure. The industries in the area have also been accused of polluting the environment, and there have been a number of protests by residents against the pollution. Despite the challenges, Bommasandra remains an important industrial area of Bengaluru and is likely to continue to grow in the years to come.
Bommasandra Industrial Area Companies List
Bommasandra is an industrial area located in the southern part of India’s IT capital, Bangalore. The area is home to many large manufacturing and IT companies. The list of companies in Bommasandra Industrial Area is given below:
1. ABB India Limited: ABB is a Swedish-Swiss multinational corporation headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland. The company operates in more than 100 countries and employs around 145,000 people. ABB India has its manufacturing unit in Bommasandra Industrial Area. The company makes electrical products and systems for the industry, transportation, and infrastructure sectors.
2. Bosch India Limited: Bosch is a German multinational engineering and electronics company headquartered in Gerlingen, near Stuttgart, Germany. The company has its manufacturing unit in Bommasandra Industrial Area. Bosch India makes products and services for the automotive, industrial, and consumer goods sectors.
3. Delphi Automotive LLP: Delphi Automotive LLP is a British-American automotive parts manufacturing company headquartered in Gillingham, Kent, United Kingdom. The company has a manufacturing unit in Bommasandra Industrial Area. Delphi Automotive makes electrical and electronic components and systems for the automotive industry.
4. Eaton India Pvt. Ltd.: Eaton is an American multinational power management company headquartered in Dublin, Ireland. The company has a manufacturing unit in Bommasandra Industrial Area. Eaton makes products and solutions for electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic power management.
5. General Electric India Pvt. Ltd.: General Electric is an American multinational conglomerate corporation headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, United States. The company has a manufacturing unit in Bommasandra Industrial Area. GE India makes products and services for the aviation, healthcare, power, and renewable energy sectors.
6. Honeywell Automation India Ltd.: Honeywell is an American multinational conglomerate company headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina, United States. The company has a manufacturing unit in Bommasandra Industrial Area. Honeywell Automation makes products and solutions for the aerospace, building technologies, chemicals, and materials sectors.